Data is now considered the most valuable resource, surpassing oil.1 Privacy concerns are at an all time high. Along with Canada’s own PIPEDA and PHIPA laws, the provincial equivalents, and California’s CCPA, businesses now need to consider international laws such as the EU’s GDPR when dealing with data. We can help you navigate the privacy landscape in a number of ways:
- Auditing your online presence to ensure that you are meeting all privacy and marketing requirements in your target jurisdictions, including in the EU
- Reviewing your marketing practices and other internal practices and providing legal recommendations for compliance with privacy and anti-spam regulations
- Drafting and negotiating data protection agreements to use with your international clients and your e-commerce website to meet the requirements of the GDPR
- Reviewing your vendor and third-party service provider agreements to ensure that your privacy obligations flow down in compliance with the law
- Legal consultation for privacy by design to ensure products and processes you develop are compliant with privacy laws.
We use our knowledge of business and technology law to ensure that our privacy recommendations make commercial sense as well as keep you on the right side of the law, whether you are a startup or a well established business.
Contact us to ensure that you are protecting the personal information in your possession.